The Records Division has three full time employees. Business hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday through Thursday. We are closed holidays. Our contact information is:
Chaffee County Sheriff’s Records
641 West 3rd Street
PO Box 699
Salida, CO 81201
We maintain law enforcement records for Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Salida Police Department. These records are regulated by law and are kept for the following purposes:
- To provide information essential for criminal investigations
- To provide paperwork necessary for the prosecution of crimes
- To submit criminal records for central filing to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Colorado Bureau of Investigation
- To ensure officer safety
- To document information for public safety and risk management
- To provide accurate statistical data
- To ensure protection against liability issues
What does Records do?
The Records Division has a wide range of tasks. These include the processing of civil papers such as subpoenas and eviction notices, handling various law enforcement reports and citations, preparing case files for the district attorney, transcribing recorded interviews, maintaining the county’s sex offender registration and criminal history records, compiling a variety of statistical reports, and administering the concealed handgun permitting process.